Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cookies and Coffee

Darlings, it's been a while. I KNOW. Apologies - it's been hectic.

However, I am lucky enough to have amazing friends to help me through hectic times. Take my friend Zoe, for example. Girlfriend knows I've been stressed so she sends me a Cookie Gram (basically a voucher that I can take to the yummiest cookie place in the world - Specialty's - to redeem for a cookie of my choosing), then sets up a cookie date for us. She actually sent me a meeting request for 3:00pm today: "Sweet Hot Cookies go to specialty's for a cookie.... just so we are clear, we are the sweet hot cookies :)" You bet your tush I accepted that meeting.

3:00pm rolls around and I have this headache forming behind my left eye that is making my eyeball feel like it's pulsating. I powered through it as Zoe and I left the office and traipsed over to get our cookies. I also made a pitstop of Starbucks and picked up a skinny caramel latte (because what goes better with a peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie than a delish latte?). I'm happy to report that as of about 3:45pm, my headache was gone.

Cookies and coffee to the rescue.

xoxo

Song of the Day: Too Much by Dave Matthews Band on Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment