Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mac & Cheese

I'm just going to come right out and admit it: I LOVE MACARONI & CHEESE.

Love it. As in, it's one of my all-time favorite foods. Especially when mixed with cut up hot dogs. (side note: hot dogs are also one of my all-time favorite foods, so the two of these together is kinda what I imagine heaven will be like... all I can eat mac & cheese and endless hot dogs)

It's been a bit of an emotionally intense/draining couple of weeks (for reasons that I may or may not blog about - I haven't decided) and if you know me well, then you know that I really like to stress-eat. I also really like to boredom-eat. I pretty much just like to eat.

Anyway, the hubster and I decided that we needed a mellow Wednesday night at home... We'd stay in, cook, have a glass of wine, watch a movie... FABULOUS.

Around 11:30am yesterday, I decided that "cooking" meant mac & cheese. I promptly IMed the hubster, informed some of my coworkers, and of course my fab friend T about my delicious plans. So exciting! (yes, I just used the word "exciting" to describe a quiet night with mac & cheese. whatever.)

We got home last night and I immediately changed into jammies. Well, dance pants, a sweatshirt and uggs, but basically jammies. We walked the dogs and then came back home to begin the relaxation. Cracked open a bottle of wine, started the water boiling... and 15 minutes later I was on the couch with a huge bowl of yumminess and full glass of wine, vegging out.

IT WAS AMAZING.









xoxo

Song of the Day: Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen

4 comments:

  1. Jen - Chris can confirm my OBSESSION with Mac N Cheese (Kraft specific). Whenever he isn't home for dinner, it is my default solo meal...mainly because then I don't have to share it! Now when we get the Harts down to Willow Glen, I know what to serve for dinner!

    P.S. Love your blog - SO fun to read! I have put a link (I think) to my own nerdy blog (which I haven't updated in forever, but whatever!) See you soon!

    - Lynny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab fab fab song choice! I had no idea that song was by Queen. Amazing. I just told the hubby that he has a fat bottomed girl, so he should really appreciate the song! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. little wife: I didn't know that either! I totally thought it was by Def Leppard or something.

    lynny: how do I list you on my blogs by people I adore? Can I do that even though you're a wordpress girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum....re-reading this has confirmed that I am going to make Mac N Cheese for dinner tonight! Chris is in Vegas whooping it up at a bachelor party, so it is perfect! I am literally salivating just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete