Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Road Trip

On Thursday, the hubster and I will be driving for nine (9!) hours.  Yes, I tried to talk him into flying.  Yes, I lost.  So, I'm making the best of it.  And by making the best of it, I mean that I am organizing everything in hopes that we get off to a fabulous start.
  1. I've arranged everything that we're taking with us in one area of the house to allow for easy loading of car. (I've even laid out my driving outfit.  This is nothing fancy, it's just the comfy yet cute attire I'll wear for a ridiculously long drive and yet is still appropriate for a family gathering.  AKA: sweater tunic and leggings with flats)
  2. I fell asleep last night while mentally arranging where in the car everything will go.  MODG, think tablescaping.  (With an evening arrival at the family home, our bags of gifts will be strategically placed for fast and easy removal upon pulling into the driveway.)
  3. My fabulous friend sent me some books on tape (well, books on cd actually, but books on tape sounds better) so we'll have some entertainment besides me singing along to holiday music. This is mostly for the sanity of my hubby.
  4. I have set an alarm for 6am on Thursday morning, so I can get up, load car, and get pretty while hubster sleeps.
  5. I'm going to drive for the first half of the trip, so that hubby may continue to sleep in passenger seat.
  6. I've created a "House-Sitting at Casa de Hart" list for my lovely sister, who will be watching the fur babies while we're gone.  (It warns her about the doggies knocking over the Christmas tree and potentially chewing television remotes.  Isn't she lucky?)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment