Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is that a banana in your pocket?

Guess what I just found out?

My dress has pockets!

First, I should explain to you my relationship with pockets.  I like them.  However, I do not like that sometimes make me look puffier than I actually am.  Examples: Rear pockets make my posterior appear lumpy.  Side pockets create the illusion of wider hips than I'd like to think that I have.  That being said, pockets are useful, and I'd like to point out that I appreciate their usefulness.

Now, pockets in skirts are a different animal altoghether.  I think the negative elements of pockets are drastically reduced when they are in a skirt - the lumpy butt and wide load hip problems seem to be less of issue.  Also, I like the concept of skirt/dress pockets: perfect for when I'm just popping out for a quick Starbucks run (skinny caramel latte, I heart you) and don't want/need a whole purse and yet want to keep my hands free for coffee-carrying.

So, imagine my joy at discovering that my already cute dress is now a bit more functional!  Oh happy day.

xoxo

1 comment: