Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feel The Burn

Darlings, it is hot hot hot in San Francisco and I am loving it!  I've spent all summer pouting at the grey cloud cover and harrumphing about how I wish we'd get some real summer... Well, apparently the weather god finally heard my harrumphs and decided to listen.  (Thanks, weather god.)

Along with this heat wave come some interesting smells.  And by interesting, I mainly mean gross.  For example, when wandering through the Mission, there is a lovely blend of the following aromas: pee/poop/delish Mexican food.  Hard to know if I'm disgusted or hungry or both.  (Probably hungry.) 

Also with the heat comes the over-the-top presence of Fat Girl Foot.  My right foot is gorgeously swollen, puffy, and usually trying to bust right out of my adorable shoes.  Eff. 

I'm buying new flip flops after work so I can feel better about myself as I walk through the "smell gauntlet" later this evening.

xoxo

Song of the Day: Love is Like a Heat Wave by The Supremes
ps: When I was little, I thought the words to this song were "love is like a geek week", and I would dance around singing it like that.  Yes, I am super awesome.

1 comment:

  1. hope your feet gets better!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete