Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Squat it Out

So I'm on a quest to get skinny/skinnier... Let's call it SkinnyFest 2009, shall we?

I'm meticulously counting calories, and have stepped up my workouts (stepped up = actually started working out again).

I lost 3 pounds last week (a PMS week, to boot!) and am hoping for at least 2 this week. I cheated like crazy over the weekend... Um, 3 hamburgers in 2 days = delish / terrible for SkinnyFest 2009. We'll see what I'm actually able to accomplish post-burger(s).

A girlfriend of mine, who also happens to be a fab running buddy, gave me some tips-n-tricks for firming up my rumpapotamus. (Now, I don't have the most defined tush in the world... my college roomies lovingly referred to me as Flat Ass. You see the need for firming/defining) Her advice? While watching tv, get up and do squats at every commercial break. Not full on scary squats, but the pulsing ones - in sets of 30. Allrighty, bring it on.

My first squat session was last night. During a 3 hour movie. With commercial breaks every 15 minutes. Whoah. My butt is gonna be awesome.

xoxo

Song of the day: Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect

No comments:

Post a Comment